Monday, October 18, 2010

Quick update

Back again, just in case people were interested in how things went yesterday evening.

At first I thought I was going to be stood up, as she was late arriving at the bar, but eventually she showed up and we went in and took a seat by the window.  We ordered drinks and got talking…

…And she was entirely normal, granted a bit of a flirt, but not the dangerous, evil degenerate that you might expect if you were to believe what people say.  Overall we had a good laugh, and I stayed for three drinks instead of only having the one as I’d originally planned.  And best of all she wouldn’t let me pay for anything!
In short, another stereotype exposed, and we’ll more than likely head out again.

In other news, got a knock on the door the other day.  The water people.  Wondering how long I’d been living here for.   Genuinely got my dates mixed up and said I arrived at the end of September instead of August, so I might have got a free month, but it looks like I’ll be getting a bill of some sort soon enough.  If only I can hold out with the ‘lectric for another month and a bit, we’ll be alright.

Started working on my Halloween costume properly today as well.  The Conversation CafĂ© I work in is throwing a party on the 30th and I’m trying to piece an outfit together now.  Can’t tell you what I’m going as yet, but I will say that I was papier machĂ©-ing today for the first time in at least ten years.  I’ll also say that potato flour is no substitute for the wheaty variety for this purpose.  Doesn’t stick together at all!

That’s all for now, only a quick one today.

No comments: